Careers at GIFT
Business Development Coordinator
The Global Institute For Tomorrow (GIFT) is an independent pan-Asian think tank based in Hong Kong. A core activity of GIFT is its Global Young Leaders Programme (YLP), a two-week executive leadership development programme which places corporate executives in non-corporate settings in Asia to work with local business partners in developing innovative business and investment plans which also have a positive impact on society. Over the course of planning and facilitating 30 previous programmes GIFT has earned a reputation as being at the cutting edge of executive education.
Due to growing global interest in the YLP and other GIFT activities, we are looking for an enthusiastic and capable Business Development Coordinator who will support the process of managing and growing GIFT’s network of clients and business development prospects. This will require superior organizational and communication skills as well as the ability to think and act quickly in a fast paced environment. This role involves planning and follow-up as well as proactive contribution to the business development process, working closely with the company CEO, Director and management team.
In addition to managing regular communications with clients the ideal candidate will be eager to understand the sales process and the unique value proposition which GIFT has established in the executive education market, with the possibility of joining sales meetings and becoming more involved in direct selling in the future as appropriate. The successful candidate will understand that there is no substitute for hard work and that positive results come through careful, hands-on management of details, including booking meetings, phone calls, travel logistics, etc while also keeping the big picture in mind and thinking creatively about new ways to achieve targets.
The Business Development Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Managing existing client contacts and new business prospects, working closely with GIFT management team
- Calling and emailing GIFT clients and prospects to invite conference calls and meetings
- Maintaining a schedule of recent and forthcoming meetings to ensure consistent client communications
- Identifying and contacting new prospects through independent research and using existing lead lists
- Organizing business development trips to cities within the Asia region as necessary
- Reading widely and staying current with global business news with the aim of identifying new prospects
- Identifying and contacting potential partner organizations as a source for new business development leads
- Providing regular updates to the GIFT management team on the overall business development database, including progress toward specific programme sales targets and developments with new prospects
- Helping to manage travel itineraries for GIFT CEO, Director and others as needed
- Potentially supporting other GIFT work such as contributing to research and programmes planning as needed
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual to develop his/her career in a new and rapidly growing field. The ideal candidate will be eager to understand and engage in selling leading edge executive education solutions to global companies.
Skills and Qualifications
- Work experience including roles in or related to sales, business development, communications, executive assistance, organizational planning, logistics or other related areas. (More experienced professionals are welcome to apply)
- Preferred project management experience and prior experience &/or willingness to engage in field work
- Undergraduate degree; MBA or Masters degree in a business-related subject is a plus
- A strong desire to help in growing and shaping a unique company with a positive social mission
- Detail oriented, self-starting, able to multi-task to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including professional phone and email etiquette
- Fluency in English; native or high proficiency in Mandarin, Cantonese or one other Asian language is a plus
The position will be based in Hong Kong and may involve travel within Asia. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Interested candidates may wish to visit our website for more information on our work.
To apply please send your Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All information provided will be used for recruitment purposes only.