Ideas For Tomorrow is the Global Institute For Tomorrow's publishing imprint. Its objective is to make available to a diverse audience GIFT's latest ideas, proprietary content, and original business outputs in an accessible format. Ideas For Tomorrow is aimed at readers in business, government, civil society, academia and students with an interest in development, socio-economic issues, and a changing Asia.
Learning Places: The GIFT Report discusses prosperity, people and progress—free of mainstream trends, conventional wisdom and comforting themes. It goes beyond a mere collection of case studies by drawing upon our boots-on-the-ground knowledge of markets, new business models, untapped customers and environmental constraints.
Included in this inaugural volume are fresh ideas and innovative models related to:
- Community-based sports facilities on underutilised land in Hong Kong.
- Branded agricultural products from smallholder farmers in Iran.
- Growth prospects for small and medium-sized enterprises in Myanmar.
- Tech-enabled emergency response services in India’s most literate state, Kerala.
- Commercial solutions to driving increased hygiene and public health in Vietnam.
These five projects—adapted from the outputs of GIFT’s flagship Global Leaders Programme—combine the social direction of development with the practical nature of business.